MCICE Summer CI Intensive Program
MCICE (Maryland Cochlear Implant Center of Excellence) Summer CI Intensive Program offers a two-week intensive therapy program for young children (3-6 years old) who are cochlear implant recipients or are on the path to a cochlear implant.
The program uses a literacy-based, oral language focused curriculum to provide intensive auditory therapy interwoven through fun activities in a classroom setting. This experience provides the opportunity for continued development of speech, language, and auditory skills during summer break from school as well as new social opportunities with their peers.
Children will receive daily sessions of individual therapy with the concepts reinforced throughout the day during group activities including circle time, outdoor play, and even snack!
- Initial comprehensive speech, language, and auditory evaluation at the time of enrollment
- Collaborative goal setting and therapy planning
- Individual and group therapy daily
- FUN activities that build auditory, speech, and language skills!
- Session reports (daily) and final debriefing at program conclusion
You can register for this summer's program today! See below for details!
Dates: July 10th-21st, 2023
Time: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Cost: $500 per child*
Contact: mcice [at] umd.edu
*Funding is available to cover tuition for a limited number of participants – ask for details when registering.
- Welcome/Circle time
- Individual therapy
- Recess/free play
- Story time
- Closing Circle